Distributed and Sensor Networks for Mobile Media Computing and Applications (Acronym: DSNIG)
Chair: Tay Wee Peng
Co-chairs: Pedro Amado Assuncao
Advisor: Dapeng WU, University of Florida
The scope of the Interest Group on Distributed and Sensor Networks for Mobile Media Computing and Applications encompasses:
- Applications for distributed collection and processing of multimedia data.
- The supporting networking infrastructure for distributed collection and processing of multimedia data.
Networking infrastructure is considered at all levels of the protocol stack including:
- Distributed processing of physical layer signals.
- Distributed access to the network.
- Networking for distributed sampling.
- Networking for sensing and processing of data.
The goal of the Interest Group is to be the medium that facilitates and promotes the interaction of members of the technical community involved in the areas within the group’s scope. In addition, the Interest Group aims at disseminating current advances and promoting further development in the technical areas within the group’s scope. The Interest Group’s main activity is the organizing and sponsoring of sessions and workshops at IEEE ComSoc conferences (specifically ICC, GLOBECOM, and ICME), as well as the facilitation and promotion of technical publications in focus areas within the group’s scope.